Recursos COVID-19 para
educadores y familias
COVID-19 Resources for
Educators and Families
we frequently add more resources to this page as information is provided
con frecuencia agregamos más recursos a esta página a medida que se proporciona información
We are all taking precautionary measures to keep our educators, families, and children healthy and safe. Please know our team is still available remotely so if there is anything you need, Quality Matters and MCOE are here as a resource and support.
Todos estamos tomando medidas de precaución para mantener a nuestros educadores, familias y niños sanos y seguros. Tenga en cuenta que nuestro equipo aún está disponible de forma remota, por lo que si necesita algo,
Quality Matters y MCOE están aquí como recurso y soporte.
COVID-19 Information / Información
English informational session with Natividad Hospital &
Sesión informativa en español con el Hospital Natividad y el
Departamento de Salud del Condado de Monterey. Video de 4 de febrero, 2021
CDC's COVID-19 Parental Resources Kit – Early Childhood - Bilingual Social, Emotional, and Mental Well-being resources
Taking Care of Your Emotional Health - Bilingual website by CDC to learn more about coping with stress
Abriendo Puertas Opening Doors - Tackling Coronavirus (COVID-19) Together: Bilingual resources for families
National Child Traumatic Stress Network- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the coronavirus
How to Talk to Children about COVID-19- Positive Discipline's Parent Educator shares ideas to support children
The Child Mind Institute - Bilingual resources for families on how to support children during pandemic
NCBI US National Library of Medicine - Impact of COVID-19 and lockdown on mental health of children and adolescents
Teachstone CLASS webinar - The Impact of Trauma on Behavior: Seeing Children's Actions As Communication
Family Fun / Diversión familiar
COVID-19 Time Capsule / Capsula de Tiempo- Create a time capsule to document this historical time.
Crea una cápsula del tiempo para documentar este tiempo histórico.
Early Math Games- The DREME Network focuses on math from birth through age eight years, with an emphasis on the preschool years.
Early Math Learning Kits- DREME's Reveal The Hidden Math. Descubran las matematicas ocultas
Book Activity Kits Reading aloud is one of the best ways parents can help their children develop a love of books and reading.
Websites / sitios
Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) - Bilingual website by CDC which is one of the major operating components of the Department of Health and Human Services.
• Taking Care of Your Emotional Health - Bilingual website by CDC to learn more about coping with stress
• Healthy Habits - Bilingual website by CDC to learn more about preventing the flu and other viruses
• Guidance for Childcare Programs that Remain Open - This information is intended for child care programs that remain open and should be used in conjunction with CDC’s guidance for administrators of child care programs and K-12 schools.
Monterey County Health Department- Bilingual website with daily updates on Monterey County's COVID-19 status
California 4 ALL - Bilingual website Guidelines and resources for safely reopening early learning & care. En espanol
Finding Child Care / Encontrar cuidado infantil
Monterey County Child Care- Bilingual website to help parents find childcare, and support providers in accessing professional development and other supports.
Monterey County Child Care Planning Council- The mission of the MCCCPC is to create a comprehensive, integrated child care delivery system for Monterey County families.
My Child Care- Find local child care facilities with this joint collaboration between CDSS, CDE, and R&R's
California Department of Education- Information and resources regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) and California's response.
• Early Learning & Care Division- COVID-19 Guidance regarding Emergency Childcare Services for Essential Workers
Mental Health Resources / Recursos de salud mental
Documents / documentos
Monterey County Shelter in Place FAQs- Monterey County Heath Department's information on shelter-in-place order
Reopening Procedures / Procedimientos de reapertura
Emergency Childcare Guidelines Template for sites- General guidelines for operating under social distancing guidelines
Notification of Confirmed Case Template for Families- letter to send to families if there is a confirmed case in your program
California 4 All- Early Learning & Care Playbook This site can be translated into Spanish. Receive up-to-date guidance and resources to create a safe and nurturing early learning and care environment for children and providers.
• Plan de California para modificar la orden de quedarse en casa: La reapertura de los programas de cuidado infantil
• COVID-19 UPDATE GUIDANCE: Child Care Programs and Providers
Stronger Together- A Guidebook for Safely reopening Public Schools. Page 39 starts the Early Learning and Care Section
California Department of Public Health issued Updated Guidance for Child Care Programs and Providers - aims to support child care providers and programs as they begin to reopen and other programs transition from emergency childcare
CDC's Child Care Decision Tree - this tool is to assist directors and administrators in making (re)opening decisions regarding child care programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CA ECE Programs Opening & Reopening Guide - Every Child CA. California's ECE practitioner support guide to reopening.
Social Distancing Guidelines to follow when reopening your ECE site- Quality Matters has complied the most updated guidelines to navigate through COVID-19 guidelines for opening as an emergency childcare site.
Distance Learning Resources / Recursos de aprendizaje a distancia
Monterey County school district tech support information - List of links to support families and caregivers
Playfication Learning - Playfication Learning is an integrated educational framework that helps educators overcome the challenges of transitioning from in-person to virtual education.
Universal Design for Learning Distance Learning for Early Childhood- Hosted by the Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division in collaboration with the Early Learning and Care Division and the California Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Coalition, this webinar will provide information on UDL and its application to distance learning for early childhood education.
Learning with or without Electronic Devices
Edutopia’s 7 tips for managing successful online learning
How to Keep Kindergartners Engaged in Distance Learning
Common Sense Media- Help children become digital citizens. Supports in making routines & rules.
Learning kit- help build a schedule and age appropriate learning apps. In Spanish too.
• Epic Free accounts to educators. Interactive books children can read alone. Offers pre and post questions to support educator in engaging child’s critical thinking skills
• inquirED Free Inquiry prompts for week long projects. Focused on early learners integrate literacy and social studies..
• DREME Math Kits Free hands on activities focused on math In Spanish too.
• NAEYC Math at Home toolkit - Young children math activities
• NASA STEM projects for K-gr.4
• NAEYC 10 Tips to Support Children's Science Learning
• PrepScholar 37 Cool Science Experiments for Kids to Do at Home
Project Based Learning
• 3CSNH Projects for remote learning
• High Quality Project-Based Learning
•Acera’s Remote Learning projects resources to make virtual learning engaging and fun.
Art & Music
• Wide Open School creative activities/projects for kids by age group
• Tinkerlab Encouraging kids to tap into their creative energy
• Cosmic Kids Yoga. Fun Yoga for kids based on stories & characters
• Brain Breaks easy movement breaks to help refocus little learners
• Two-Week Lesson Plans for Grades TK-12 - Courtesy of Santa Ana USD
• ISHCMC International School: Ideas for Early Years At-Home Learning
• We Are Teachers: Netflix educational shows
• Common Sense Media: Podcasts for Kids
• FabFoundation - Support Maker Learning from Home - “Unplugged” Lessons